POSITION: Assistant Account Executive (AAE)
SECTOR: Health Technology
AGENCY: ReviveHealth, www.thinkrevivehealth.com
YEARS EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of full-time experience, post college graduation
· LOCATIONS: Nashville TN; or Santa Barbara CA
REPORTS TO: Account Supervisor, Senior Account Supervisor
An Assistant Account Executive (AAE) is responsible for a diverse set of tasks, such as conducting media relations, social media research, compiling contact databases, drafting outreach materials, and ongoing administrative/client support.
An AAE is experienced in executing PR/communications tactics (writing press releases, media relations, collateral development, issues management/ grassroots programs) and social media/online advocacy. Strong writing/editing, pitching and project management skills are essential as well as an ability to multitask across a wide variety of programs and instill trust and confidence among multiple client contacts. The ideal experience is in Health Services, Health Technology, and Healthy Living: hospitals and health systems, health technology companies, physician groups, wellness and population health companies, and all types of health services organizations navigating the complexities of a fast-changing landscape.
1. Writing/Editing/Proofing: Write, edit and proofread materials including press releases, pitch letters, collateral, fact sheets and client reports/correspondences. Proficient with AP Style and have the ability to draft basic documents (e.g. press releases, pitch letters, etc.)
2. Media Support/Media Relations: Build media lists and pitch media; comfortable making cold calls and being on the phone for extended periods of time
3. Social Media/Digital: Demonstrate general knowledge of social media tools and digital communications
4. Account Administration: Provide client service administration support; attend meetings, handle account management logistics
5. Research: Skilled at research; execute on research initiatives and leverage Internet-‐based PR and media research
6. Media Results/Analysis: Compile client placements and analyze client media coverage/develop client media results reports
7. Intern Support: Help train and/or supervise interns
8. Business Development Support: Participate in new business, including research and proposal preparation
9. Computer Knowledge:Proficient at Excel/Mac programs, even at a high-level
Bachelors degree is required
· 1-2 years of full-time employment experience, post college graduation. Agency experience is preferred; in-house experience working for a health services or health systems organization is a plus
· Highly organized and detail oriented; strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to switch gears from one project to another; ability to prioritize work assignments
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); ability to explain processes, identify relevant questions, and communicate progress/updates regularly and with ease
· Capable of being a self-starter, independent worker and also a team player with guidance from supervisors on priorities
· Posses maturity, keen judgment, enthusiasm and strong people skills
· Eager to learn and take on new opportunities, while recognizing it takes learning from the bottom-up. In short: being okay with mundane work at times.
· Motivated – willing to put in long hours when the work calls for it
· Strong computer skills; knowledge of Cision and other media driven programs a plus
· Experience in public relations/media relations, social media, public affairs (an emphasis in grassroots preferred), campaign management, and/or issues/crisis management preferred
· Passion for wellness and healthy lifestyle preferred
ReviveHealth Core Values, which can be found detailed on our website, include:
– Be more than more of the same.
– Act with respect and transparency.
Our Core Focus, using the concept outlined in EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) includes:
What Drives Us
Challenge. We are intellectually curious people (motivated by the tough and complex stuff) with the savvy to help solve our clients’ biggest challenges.
We are wired to translate the complex business challenges facing the leaders of health care organizations into smart, integrated communication strategies that engage and influence critical audiences.
ReviveHealth is the leading strategic communication firm specializing in Health Systems, Health Services, Health Technology, and Healthy Living. Named 2014 Small PR Agency of the Year (PRWeek), 2013 Boutique PR Agency of the Year (PRWeek), and Best Boutique Agency to Work For (2013, 2012, 2011) by The Holmes Report, ReviveHealth is among the nation’s Top 15 firms for health care strategic communication (O’Dwyer’s). The firm’s clients include major health systems, academic medical centers, hospitals and physician organizations as well as health care industry associations, health technology companies, wellness and population health companies, and health services companies of all stripes and sizes, from start-up to enterprise solutions. ReviveHealth has offices in Nashville, Tennessee, and Santa Barbara, California, and can be found on the web at thinkrevivehealth.com and on Twitter @ThinkRevive.