POSITION: Account Supervisor (AS)
SECTOR: Health Services | Health Systems
AGENCY: ReviveHealth, www.thinkrevivehealth.com
LOCATION: Nashville TN; Santa Barbara CA; will also consider Chicago
YEARS EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years
REPORTS TO: VP/SVP
TO APPLY or For More Information: please email Deb Kaufman, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Account Supervisor serves as the primary client contact, has strong client management skills, and oversees the agency’s day-to-day client relationship by managing account planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting. The AS acquires in-depth strategic insight into each clients’ business, including its key issues, competitive advantage, the competitive landscape and industry trends.
The AS has strong project management skills, and is responsible for the daily oversight of an assigned team, including managing/directing the account team toward on-time and on-strategy completion of program deliverables and commitments. The AS serves as the account team’s daily go-to person on operational direction, tactical challenges, priority alignment, and client relations support.
The AS will have relevant experience developing/managing communications programs that include corporate communications, and/or issues/crisis management. Other desired communications discipline experience includes: PR/media relations, integrated marketing communications [IMC], social media/digital strategies campaigns, blogger program management and creative content development.
The ideal experience is in Health Services, Health Technology, and Healthy Living: hospitals and health systems, health technology companies, physician groups, wellness and population health companies, and all types of health services organizations navigating the complexities of a fast-changing landscape.
Charged with daily overall account management planning and implementation, the AS is responsible for:
1. Client Service: Primary responsibility for day-to-day client service will be in the hands of the AS. The AS will provide strategic counsel to clients, and work with teams to produce high-quality strategic counsel, programming ideas, deliverables and messaging for ReviveHealth clients. To meet this objective, the AS will be responsible for:
– Daily client/team counseling
– Daily team supervision
and project management
– Daily client reporting/communications
– Review/editing of client documents
– Program development and implementation against objectives and strategies
– Team mentoring and professional development
– Implementing program measurement tools
– Identifying opportunities for continuous quality improvements
2. Media Relations: The AS will develop and implement effective media relations programs to drive editorial coverage for clients, and deal with tough media issues in a competitive marketplace.
3. Digital/Social: The ideal candidate will be astute with regard to successfully planning and implementing digital/social communications as part of the agency’s mix of capabilities – including website development, Facebook, Twitter and other emerging social media channels. The AS will be a strategic thinker who understands the impact of digital/social strategies and has demonstrated experience in counseling clients about the role of social media/online influencer campaigns in their overall marketing mix.
4. Writing: The AS will masterfully produce high-impact, effective, emotional messages for clients and review/edit copy for team members as needed, to ensure that key deliverables meet the firm’s standards for quality and clients’ expectations. Deliverables include persuasive business writing, strategic plans and message maps, and copywriting for campaign elements (social media, direct mail, collateral, media relations materials, and other tools).
5. Business Development: Contribute to agency growth by identifying and delivering organic growth opportunities across existing client accounts to grow a client’s business
6. Account Management: Manage client budgets, staff allocation and forecasting by:
– Keep senior team informed of any client, team or personnel issues
– Effectively meet deadlines, manage priorities and communicate effectively to
– Monthly/weekly staff power planning/tracking including timely communications to Controller/CFO, CAO, and supervisor
– Helping maintain quality, on-time deliverables within budget
– Budget development/monitoring/tracking
Executing other tasks as assigned/needed
Bachelors degree in marketing, communications or related field is required, an advanced degree preferred
· 5-7 years of experience in public relations, corporate communications, issues/crisis management, investor relations, or media relations
- Agency experience required
- Health care industry knowledge and experience is critical, particularly in health services and health systems
· Comprehensive understanding of, and experience in, developing and executing successful integrated communications strategies and tactics, including PR/media relations, online marketing and social media programs; and knowledge of monitoring and analytical tools with an ability synthesize data
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, verbal and written
· Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
· Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time
· Demonstrated capability in budget development and management, delegating assignments and supervising a team
· Passion for wellness and healthy lifestyle preferred
ReviveHealth Core Values, which can be found detailed on the following page and on our website, include:
– Be more than more of the same
– Respect and transparency
Our Core Focus, using the concept outlined in EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) includes:
Challenge. We are intellectually curious people (motivated by the tough and complex stuff) with the savvy to help solve our clients’ biggest challenges.
We are wired to translate the complex business challenges facing the leaders of health care organizations into smart, integrated communication strategies that engage and influence critical audiences.
ReviveHealth is the leading strategic communication firm specializing in Health Systems, Health Services, Health Technology, and Healthy Living. Named PRWeek’s 2013 Boutique Agency of the Year and Best Boutique Agency to Work For (2013, 2012 and 2011) by The Holmes Report, ReviveHealth is among the nation’s Top 15 firms for health care strategic communication (O’Dwyer’s) and is a finalist in the running for PRWeek’s Agency of the Year for 2014. The firm’s clients include major health systems, academic medical centers, hospitals and physician organizations as well as health care industry associations, health technology companies, wellness and population health companies, and health services companies of all stripes and sizes, from start-up to enterprise solutions. ReviveHealth has offices in Nashville, Tennessee, and Santa Barbara, California and can be found on the web at thinkrevivehealth.com.