The Planning & Procurement Analyst assists with overseeing all aspects of the company’s inventory cycle: from procurement to customer delivery of the raw materials in the Salmon category, to ensure all fulfillment of customer orders at the lowest cost in order to be competitive.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Able to balance the activities of planning, procurement and production, to positively impact operational efficiency, to ensure the best information is delivered on-time, in order to make better decisions
· Team with other departments to ensure accurate information and planning forecasts for current and new-item production
· Problem-solving skills required. Able to manage and resolve issues proficiently, to ensure that issues do not impede the planning progress
· Manage the settlement of financial transactions with Finance so as to establish smooth practice with suppliers, to ensure cost and finance documentation control
· Prepare the weekly and monthly purchase budget and plan; to obtain best accuracy level throughout the year and ensure the supply and purchase control
· Successfully and accurately control ERP system and processes–from forecast upload to generation of all inventory reporting–in order to control purchases, inventories and keep information updated
· Must be a self-starter; able to work independently; problem solving skills required
· Proven communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate within all levels of the organization as well as with external partners and agencies/vendors
· Highly organized, strong project manager with ability to multi-task and prioritize for optimal project execution. High degree of ownership and initiative.
· Willing & able to travel nationally and internationally, approximately 30% of the time, to: Chile, Norway and other units as needed.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Engineering [strongly preferred]
· Minimum of 4+ years of full-time, post college graduation employment experience required
· Perishable food sector experience strongly preferred; will also consider Food & Beverage/CPG sector experience
· Bi-Lingual Required: Spanish (fluent) and English